Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Farewell sunny Adelaide!

Leaving all my family and friends in sunny Adelaide has been hard but rain drenched Queensland was calling and hubby and I decided to let God lead us in a new adventure!
I have made so many wonderful friends and acquaintances and can't believe how many wonderful gifts and cards I received as farewell presents. While Andrew received numerous baskets of chocolate, relishes and wine I received some amazing and thoughtful treasures. As this is a blog of my creative textile ventures I will show some of the beautiful handmade gifts I received. Some of my friends in the Vale are not only great Patchworkers but also dabble in machine embroidery and I was the lucky recipient of their time and talents.
Embroidered lace flowers on a purse doorstop as well as a Pot-Pouri sachet by Tania

Embroidered lace motifs and tassels on a silk cushion by Elaine

The lace around the edge of this antique styled cutwork tablerunner was even made by Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment