Sunday, April 28, 2013

Binding time!

Time to finish a few quilts that are just waiting for their binding!
The first quilt off the ranks will be another Jelly Roll quilt that I designed but never wrote up as a pattern because the little 'squares on point' border, made from the 'negative' blocks cut up, had too many bias edges and were very stretchy and fiddly to sew with.


The fiddly bias cut square border on the left
Not sure to use the grey or the red for binding??
Why the sudden urge to bind? Well last week I bought a you-bute binding ruler to try. It's 'The Binding Tool' by TQM. I will have a go at using it and let you know how I go! I have checked out the instructions on some U-Tube clips so think I know what I'm doing!

4 comments:

  1. Gotta love a new gadget Pen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt Penny it is so pretty.
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always fun to try new tools.
    Love the fiddly border blocks - it's a sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, i believe that i saw you visited my weblog thus i
    got here to go back the want?.I'm trying to to find things to improve my website!I suppose its good enough to make use of a few of your concepts!!

    my web site: More hints

    ReplyDelete