Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ashlyn’s quilt – A scrap quilt version of my Japanese Garden pattern

Last Christmas I made my beautiful granddaughter , Ashlyn a bright quilt using the techniques I describe in my Japanese Garden Quilt pattern. The difference was that this was made up of multiple fabrics randomly laid out . I used at least 25 fat quarters of brights. I finished the quilt by sewing a bright pink border around the edge. Ashy knew what it was straight away and cuddled it to herself stroking the fabric. Just the reaction you want when you give someone a quilt!



Sorry I don’t have a great photo of the whole quilt. Elaine from "Quilting in the Vines" quilted it for me the day I gave it to her and I literally finished the binding the night before I gave it to Ashy.
In May when I visit my son I will get a photo of the whole quilt. 

This is the original Japanese Garden pattern. If anyone who bought this wants an update on how to make the scrap version just contact me and I will email it to you.


1 comment:

  1. The quilt looks wonderful Penny. No doubt Ashlyn will treasure it. Miss you heaps! Wendy

    ReplyDelete